Locking and Solaris-2.5

1996-07-26 12:56:19

Hi

I use procmail-3.11pre4 as replacement for /bin/mail for local mail
delivery (sendmail-8.7.5 with procmail support) and it works usually
pretty well.

All our mail (internal and external) is all processed at the same
mailhost, which is also NFS server for a shared /var/mail directory.

However, sometimes local mail delivery stops with locking problems
with mailboxes in /var/mail. There often is a /var/mail/user.lock but
it sits there for days - or until I kill lockd, removed the lock files
and restartes lockd.

Most of my users is using mailtool (Solaris-2.5) - this includes the
users which usually cause the problems.

I have procmail installed with dotlocking, fcntl(), lockf().

Does anybody know how to solve these problems? There must be many
similar installations, so...

Best regards,
Karsten

--
Karsten Thygesen                     Aalborg, Denmark
karthy(_at_)dannug(_dot_)dk                     Voice:   +45 40713727