Re: Locking types?

1996-07-29 13:47:20

I have Solaris-2.5, and I had funny locking problems, in that
I got .lockfiles, but no mail...  So I have been following this
thread, and I have tried removing fcntl, which resulted in autoconfig
using lockf.

But, I am confused.  Why have .locking at all, if the
kernel locks work?  Also, it seems my problem was
with fcntl, but why then, did I have .locks?
 I'm sure the different implementations
have their adherents, but I don't know the differences.
Could someone please expound?

Paul Callahan