Re: question about procmail on NT

1996-08-03 18:02:26
robert(_at_)elastica(_dot_)com <robert(_at_)elastica(_dot_)com> wrote:
Is procmail ANSI-C ie. is the only problem relating to porting or
getting it running on NT it's dependency on sendmail/smail and Unix
MTAs?

Procmail is ANSI-C and POSIX.  It doesn't depend on sendmail or smail
or any UNIX MTA actually.

If so, it wouldn't be difficult to get it working with the sendmail V8
port by MetaInfo would it?

If NT provides a complete POSIX.1 and POSIX.2 environment, you
should just be able to unpack procmail and type "make install".
I have not tried this to date, however.

If NT only provides a POSIX.2 environment (or was it POSIX.1?  I meant the
C-library interface, not the shell tools level), you'll have to
run "make autoconf.h" on a real UNIX host, maybe tweak the generated
autoconf.h file to adjust for any features found on the UNIX host that
are not present on the NT machine, then move the source tree to NT and
type "make" there.
--
Sincerely,
srb(_at_)cuci(_dot_)nl

"Listen very carefully, I shall only say this once."