Re: Help procmail is giving errors in the from (log) file

1996-08-18 19:17:29
"Dilip Vazirani" <dilip(_at_)newsstand(_dot_)cb(_dot_)att(_dot_)com> writes:
The messages do get forwarded and saved in the right folders
but the log file error :
procmail: Extraneous locallockfile ignored - ??? What do they mean and
how do I fix these.

Either you didn't show us your entire .procmailrc, as what you showed
should not have triggered that warning, or you're being bitten by the
following bug, as described in the HISTORY file:

1995/10/29: v3.11pre4
            Changes to procmail:
               - "lockfile ignored" warning was generated inappropriately at
                 times

If you did show us your entire .procmailrc then you should consider
upgrading.  I've had version 3.11pre4 installed as the local mailer
here for over half a year with nary a problem, so I wouldn't be scared
by the 'pre4' bit.

Philip Guenther

Philip Guenther                 UNIX Systems and Network Administrator
Internet: guenther(_at_)gac(_dot_)edu   Voicenet: (507) 933-7596
Gustavus Adolphus College       St. Peter, MN 56082-1498