Procmail FAQ (was Re: Procmail vs. MailTool on a Sun)

1996-08-20 22:28:26
On Tue, 20 Aug 1996 18:04:13 -0400 (EDT),
Nancy McGough <nancym(_at_)ora(_dot_)com> wrote:
On Tue, 20 Aug 1996, Doug Hughes wrote:
(#15 in the FAQ talks about this)
Could you give us a URL for the FAQ so I can add it to my procmail
Web page (http://www.jazzie.com/ii/internet/procmail/)?

It's in the Procmail distribution. For your benefit, I put an
extracted copy (text only, no HTML) on the Web:

    http://www.ling.helsinki.fi/~reriksso/procmail/faq.txt

It's mostly just about compiling Procmail. It more or less presupposes
you have just downloaded Procmail and are trying to figure out where
it fits in.

<soapbox>
    I think Stephen ought to keep this file in some more accessible
    place than buried inside the distribution kit. At least put it
    visibly in a file of its own on the ftp server.
</soapbox>

I think this list should get together and compile a "real" FAQ (most
frequent misunderstandings, if you will). I'd be more than willing to
coordinate, for lack of ability to contribute much else ;-2

/* era */

--
See <http://www.ling.helsinki.fi/~reriksso/> for mantra, disclaimer, etc.
* If you enjoy getting spam, I'd appreciate it if you'd register yourself