Re: urgent - integrating procmail with sendmail

1996-09-09 20:56:37
Leif Erlingsson <leif(_at_)lege(_dot_)com> writes:

On Mon, 9 Sep 1996, Jim Brown wrote:

Either way, is there a way to configure sendmail to deliver one message
to multiple mail delivery agents, i.e. procmail AND SMTP?  Has anybody
else done this?  Can anyone direct me to any net resources on procmail?

Re-Think!

I use a global /etc/procmailrc for processing common for all recipients
plus individual .procmailrc's for every user who wish to have some special
treatment.

Your special user will have his mail deliverd to his home account, where
his special designed .procmailrc will send off a copy of the special
mail's You mentioned off to beep or whatever.

Q.

If you catch the mail in /etc/procmailrc do you have to explicitly forward
it on to the user? I don't think you've been too clear about this here. One
could get the impression that the user's .procmailrc is also processed.

Is that the case?

Actually, I've just determined that the user getting the mail is in fact
conditional on the global rule so be aware of that. You won't need to
worry about the To: etc because you just send the message to the mailer
right?

Q. If you do this will you recursively call /etc/procmailrc ie. you
have to name the folder instead of "forwarding" the mail along?

All very mundane procmail tasks, You just came in 180' wrong towards
the problem :-)  ...  Re-Think!

-- Leif Erlingsson http://www.geocities.com/RodeoDrive/1998 +46 8 604-0995
   Stockholm, Sweden, Tellus, Milky Way, Gods Universe. FAX +46 8 605-2551

--
Art is prostitution of the mind.