Re: Wrong folder....

1996-11-03 13:53:43
David Bromage <dbromage(_at_)metz(_dot_)une(_dot_)edu(_dot_)au> writes:
I seem to have a problem with mail which had passed all the filters. Rather
than going to INBOX, it is put in a folder called ?

As described in the procmailrc(5) manpage, when this occurs procmail
delivers the message to $DEFAULT.  DEFAULT is set a procmail startup
to something like /var/spool/mail or /var/mail on most systems, though
this default can be changed at compilation time, and then at runtime you
can always assign whatever you want to DEFAULT for you own purposes.
If you want procmail to deliver otherwise unprocessed mail to INBOX,
then you should put something like:

MAILDIR = $HOME/Mail
DEFAULT = $MAILDIR/INBOX

If you do assign to DEFAULT, I recommend that you assign an absolute
pathname, so that if MAILDIR is changed by any recipes, it doesn't send
your email to never-never-land.

Philip Guenther