Checking File For Authorized Users

1996-11-14 19:33:36
I need some help please:

When incoming mail arrives on my server, I need to check a text file to
see if the incoming mail is addressed to a valid userr.  I need to:

1. Parse the username out of the To: field.
   For example, To: Joe Smith <joe(_at_)domain(_dot_)com>
   I need to parse out "joe" because the
   file of authorized users looks like this:

   mary
   henry
   joe
   bill

   I need to find "joe" in that list file.
   The authorized users file is called "users.list"

2. If "joe" is not found in the file, send to /dev/null
   else contine to the next recipe.

Thanks...

--Ralph