Re: Checking File For Authorized Users

1996-11-16 17:43:19
Ralph Freshour <rfresh(_at_)mail(_dot_)idt(_dot_)net> writes:
I'm *not* doing virtual domains, I'm only using aliasis:

joe(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com
mary(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com
etc
etc

but the domain name is the same for all customers - all I need to do is
have procmail process the mail.  What this means for me is to first
check my users.list file to make sure they are in it, then check their
junkmail file to see if the incoming mail is from someone they don't
want to get mail from in which case it's gets trashed or else I simply
forward the mail on to an adress where they actually read their mail.

Okay, I see two possible cases here:

1)      This machine only accepts email whose destination is 'in' the
        "mydomain.com" domain.  In other words, sendmail's class 'w'
        only contains the hostname and "mydomain.com".

2)      This machine accepts email destined for more than one domain.
        Sendmail's class 'w' contains not only "mydomain.com" but another
        'domain' as well.

Case 3 (sendmail's class w doesn't contain "mydomain.com") is incorrect,
as then sendmail won't process the mail you want it to, but will attempt
to forward it, and throw a "local configuration" error when it loops,
assuming the MX records are set up correctly.

Can you tell us which case it is?

Philip Guenther