Re: Checking File For Authorized Users

1996-11-14 20:37:53
At 06:31 PM 11/14/96 -0800, Ralph Freshour elucidated thus:

[snip - verifying recipient from a list]

Sorry, I don't quite have your answer - there are a number of complexities
involved here, one being something I'm still looking for an answer to:
envelope-to addresses (BCC messages as well as multiple recipients at the
same domain, will both give you grief)

2. If "joe" is not found in the file, send to /dev/null
  else contine to the next recipe.

Uhm, wouldn't you possibly want to send a "unknown user" message?  This
would seem at least appropriate.  You should also consider the necessity of
having FORWARDING addresses (perhaps in a secondary file if the primary
file you named isn't something you can tweak with).