Passing on score

1996-11-18 13:06:05
I have been using scoring for the past few weeks to see if it would be a
better method for sorting junk from what I may want to see.  It has worked
fairly well, except for a couple of minor bugs.  The worst bug being the
weights I was giving for some conditions being to low.

I think I can solve the remaining ones by splitting my filter up.

I have been using this format:

:0 HBc # The c is to compare how scores do to regular filtering
(scores)
test-box

What I want to do is this:

        :0 Hc
        (scores)

        :0 Bc
        (more scores)

        : HBc
        (joint scores)

* $ $=
test-box

However, procmail wants an action in these statements.  Without one, it
either fails the scoreing or files to :0.

The following method works, but I don't like it - for obvious reasons.

:0 Hc
(scores)
/dev/null

:0 Bc
* $ $=
(more scores)
/dev/null

: HB
* $ $=
(and final scores)
test-box

On a related point, if I set a variable equal to $=, how would I call it
up in another filter?  What I would like to do is keep the score from my
header test, and be able to pass it on to different filters later in my
rc.  However, neither $ $VAR or $ $VAR^0 seem to work.

TIA.

--
Don't worry about avoiding temptation -- as you grow older, it starts
avoiding you.