[Q] ^To contains .* and cc?

1996-11-22 04:39:33
        good morning everybody

trying to optimize how to filter out mail from a listserv, i have some
questions unsolved. i am using the procmail listserv as an example.

On Fri, 22 Nov 1996 hugh(_at_)s055(_dot_)aone(_dot_)net(_dot_)au wrote:
Also can you clear something up for me?  When using to *TO in a
receipe, will it also be good for the following:
cc,CC,Cc,bcc,BCC,Bcc!

"Stephen C. Hill" <steveh(_at_)nugrange(_dot_)vip(_dot_)best(_dot_)com>
answered:
Please be careful to use "* ^TO", rather than "*TO", but other than
that, it does handle those addresses, as well as other useful ones.

reading the man pages gave me the same impression. to my surprise i
keep getting list mail into my mailbox. mail with
procmail(_at_)inf(_dot_)(_dot_) in
the cc field was not caught by my filter. could i please ask you to
take a look at my procmailrc to weed out my mistake:

        :0
        * ^To:.*procmail@
        listserv.procmail

--- related question --------------------------------------------
From: era eriksson <reriksso(_at_)cc(_dot_)helsinki(_dot_)fi>
 >    * ^TO.*me
But basically I just want to point out that you shouldn't be using .*
after ^TO -- the ^TO construct already contains this

reading the advice of mr. eriksson, should i change to the following?

        * ^To procmail@

what is the meaning of the trailing : after the 0
is  :0:  different from  :0  ?   could that be my mistake?

thank you for your time
                                           __o    (+47) 8800 1700
                                         _`\<,_   e.mail pg(_at_)sn(_dot_)no