Bad Mail

1996-11-21 15:28:14
Hi, I new to this whole UNIX, email thing, so please by patient.

I have procmail set up and any email that is addressed improperly goes
to the last.. What ever its called in my .procmailrc file

one of these :)

:0
* ^TO.*me
! tbac(_at_)mail(_dot_)idt(_dot_)net

I want to set up something that will send this email to
"postmaster(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com" but also return the email as
undeliverable. Just like in "real life" when you send email
to someone and the name is misspelled, etc.

I have this, which send a reply letter and copies the original
email to my box, but it doesn't send back the email or any
reference. I guess I'm looking for the proper way to return
misaddressed email.

:0 ic
*!^FROM_DAEMON
-I"From: <postmaster(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com> "\
-I"Subject: Undeliverable" \
-A "X-Loop: postmaster(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com";\
cat $FILEDIR/badadd.txt )|$SENDMAIL -t

Thanks

T. Bachis