Re: Getting date to use in outputfile

1996-11-27 11:42:02
How would you change this recipe so that in the redirected filename it
would have something like 'air.level271196'

I don't see why this wouldn't work.  I suppose it doesn't matter than you
don't have a LOCKFILE as whatever the newest incoming mail is that
matches this recipe will just CLOBBER the old (if present) file.  That's
the way you want in right?

        DATE=`date +%d%m%y`

        :HBc
        * ^Subject:.*Air Quality Bulletin
        | /home/dill/isps/src/air/do_level >\
          /home/dill/isps/src/air/Output/air.level$DATE

Also, I know it is possible to nest commands on the '|' line so you can
execute more than one command in a recipe.

The ';' can do that.  And you may need to stick some '('/')' in there
depending on what you want to do.

BTW where's the documentation for procmail?

In the MAN (manual) pages; it comes with the TARred source for PROCMAIL.

Lates!
Tim <bodysurf(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com>
"Finger" for PGP v2.6.3ia Public Key