Procmail Capabilities

1996-12-02 00:53:45

        I have a couple things I'm not sure how to make
Procmail do, but have heard that it can do it.  First off
is there a way to make it so that a message is sent to
an e-mail address and procmail sends a canned reply w/
certain information in it (Say a counter that goes up
w/ every e-mail) and then sends the message along w/ the
other info (the counter in this case) to the user?
        Next, how can I make it so that when an e-mail is
sent to an address it is cc'ed to another address
automagically?
        One last thing, I figured out how to get procmail
to put a person's mailbox in their home directory but does
anyone know how to make popper (For BSD) use that as a
person's mailbox instead of what is in /var/mail?

                Thanks!

                        Stephen