Re: is this legal?

1996-12-17 09:09:22
Timothy J Luoma <luomat(_at_)nerc(_dot_)com> writes:
Is there any reason why I can't do this?

:0
* ? test -f $PROCDIR/mailing-lists.rc
{ INCLUDERC=$PROCDIR/mailing-lists.rc }

:0
* ? test -f $PROCDIR/next-newsgroups.rc
{ INCLUDERC=$PROCDIR/next-newsgroups.rc }

:0
* ? test -f $PROCDIR/kill-by-subject.rc
{ INCLUDERC=$PROCDIR/kill-by-subject.rc }

I am trying to make my .procmailrc easy to read and easier to
maintain between 3 very different accounts.

I want to include them but only if they exist.  If they all exist,
then I want to include them all

INCLUDERC ignores any rcfile it can't find.  Just say:

INCLUDERC=$PROCDIR/mailing-lists.rc
INCLUDERC=$PROCDIR/next-newsgroups.rc
INCLUDERC=$PROCDIR/kill-by-subject.rc

Perhaps with some comment nearby mentioning the "use iff exists" semantics.

Philip Guenther