Re: How can I make all mail redirect to another email address ?

1996-12-18 01:02:27
Responding To:  Jacques Garbi<jacques(_dot_)garbi(_at_)colombus(_dot_)com>
Original Date:  Mon, 16 Dec 96 00:18:06 +0100

How can I make all incoming mails first to be processed by procmail
through the rc.maillists and then make that all the mails that
didn't get sorted and redirected to specific mailboxes (meaning all
the mails that will show up in Active.mbox, the default mbox) be
also sent to another email address ?

Make this your _last_ recipe:

:0c
! you(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)else(_dot_)ext

the "c" means that it will end up in /usr/spool/mail/$USER, which
is where you want mail to go, rather than Active.mbox, which is most
often locked if you are logged in (when the Mail.app is opened,
Active.mbox is opened, and makes a lockfile).

A sillier way to do the same thing would be

        :0c
        ! you(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)else(_dot_)ext

        :0:
        $DEFAULT

}

but why would you do that ?  Just use the first one.

TjL

--
Tj Luoma (luomat(_at_)peak(_dot_)org) / http://www.next.peak.org/~luomat

        *** I will be out of town from Dec 19th - Dec 31st ***