Re: all those unwanted congratulations

1996-12-19 08:39:04
On Wed, 18 Dec 1996, MAILBOX wrote:

My apologies to John Levine and the list managers. The first header
quoted below is mine, although I'm not sure what happened, but my
anti-spam kludge seems to be involved. My sincere apologies to all
affected.

The header above is mine. I was using a cgi script at pitt.edu to
'fake' mail to test my filter. I had set the filter to forward
spam-mail to internet(_at_)dummies(_dot_)com, hoping that autoresponder would
then send the congatulatory note to the spammer. (I've since removed
that part.)

I used to bounce to alt.test and misc.test.  Its slightly more freindly,
and doesn't involve innocent third parties like a mailing list or info
bot does.

Although it is against the AUP's of most ISP's and EDU's.

/dev/null works best.

--
Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while.