Re: [Q] both vacation and procmail - how?

1996-12-19 12:14:15
I haven't used this vacation recipe in a while, but I do have a question
about it.  (Now I use formail to keep track of the sent messages).

When I first started using procmail I learned the mantra "check for loops,
check for loops", so I always use X-Loop now.  But it seems that when I
used the vacation program it would strip the X-Loop off.

How do I keep the X-Loop header on my message?  Can I?

#This recipe uses the vacation program to keep track of who gets mailed
# Use vacation -I to reinitialized the file timer file
# See .vacation.msg for message file

:0c
* !^FROM_DAEMON
| vacation moseley

# I tried to insert the X-Loop as below, but
# vacation was stripping out the X-Loop! Had to put in .vacation.msg file
#| formail -A"X-Loop: moseley(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com" | vacation moseley

Any ideas?

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com