Re: piping to a web directory

1996-12-20 11:24:59

On Fri, 20 Dec 1996, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

On Thursday 19 December 96, at 13 h 6, the keyboard of charles marsh
<charles(_at_)yakko(_dot_)cs(_dot_)wmich(_dot_)edu> wrote:

I would like an action which would save each message passing a certain
condition to be saved to a unique file in the www/philos/ directory.

This can be as simple as:

:0
* ^TOmylist
/www/philos/.

(Use of MH folders will generate unique files.)

But I highly recommend MHonArc:

http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/mhonarc.html

I just call it from ".procmailrc":

:0:/tmp/mylist.lock
* ^TOmylist
| /web/mail/MHonArc/bin/mhonarc -outdir /www/philos -add -umask 022 \
   -rcfile /www/mylist-rcfile

That is great if you have your own system, but what if you're at an ISP
that won't allow you to install MHonArc? (Other than getting a new ISP)

I tried your other example:

:0
* ^TOmylist
/www/mydir/.

And the files were created, but they only had user RW permission settings.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time,

-- Brett
bschlank(_at_)pacificnet(_dot_)net
http://www.pacificnet.net/~bschlank
"Hey Scotty? What's it gonna be?"
"Gin and tonic sounds mighty, mighty good to me!"
     -- Big BAD VooDoo Daddy