Re: is this list only for the expert?

1996-12-28 17:04:38

On Sat, 28 Dec 1996, Scott Hirsch wrote:

Dear List:

Not to be critical of all the very fine work, but the procmail man page and
what I've seen on Alan Stebbens' E-Mail Software Page are not geared for
someone in my position. [snip]

In the short week that I have been on this list, this is the second plea
for help, and the same one I could have written myself.  Etiquette has
prevented me from barging in before now, but the knowledge that this
list is NOT fullfilling the novices needs, has me echoing the above
comment.

Hear, Hear!!!

I've been lurking for a couple of weeks and have thought much the same
thing.  I'm actually a pretty good self-taught computer nerd, but lack of
time has prevented me from really digging into the man pages, etc. to
make procmail work.  The FAQ page we beginners all start with seems a
little "thin" on trouble shooting.

Tom Young/Beth Young
young(_at_)sherlock(_dot_)SIMS(_dot_)Berkeley(_dot_)EDU
Lafayette, CA  94549