Re: is this list only for the expert?

1996-12-28 21:28:34
On Sat, 28 Dec 1996, Scott Hirsch wrote:

Dear List:

Not to be critical of all the very fine work, but the procmail man page and
what I've seen on Alan Stebbens' E-Mail Software Page are not geared for
someone in my position. [snip]

Hear, Hear!!!

I've been lurking for a couple of weeks and have thought much the same
thing.  I'm actually a pretty good self-taught computer nerd, but lack of
time has prevented me from really digging into the man pages, etc. to
make procmail work.  The FAQ page we beginners all start with seems a
little "thin" on trouble shooting.

        Tom, Beth,

        I hope my earlier response to Tom help you as well.
        If there's sufficient interest I'll try to format it
        into a reasonable self-sufficient FAQ and post it
        on my website and add it to my own infobots.

Jim Dennis,
Starshine Technical Services