Sort field of mailing lists (Was Re: [Procmail] Help - How do I filter BCCs/Mailing Lists? )

1997-01-02 05:24:37
On Wed, 1 Jan 1997, Doug Muth wrote:

      Well, what you need to do is get several messages form the same
mailing list, find a line they have in common, and have a recipe based on
that line.  Here is my recipe for this mailing list:
# bounce Procmail posts

:0 E:
{

        This is a question that I've had rolling arround in my head, what
do people use to filter out thier mailing lists.  The Resent-From field
field used to be my favirote, but like Doug says later in his msg it
doesn't work all the time.

        I now use ^X-Mailing-List: and ^(Resent-)?Sender: almost
exclusivley.  The only list I don't use them for is the Word of the Day,
which is really a special case anyway since it's more of an announce.  The
XML seems to come from SmartLists and the Sender from Majordomo/Listserv
any others that I'm missing.

        So what field does everybody else use?

James V. Di Toro III            | "I've got a bad feeling        / |_| \/\
System Administrator, GATS, Inc.|   about This" -various        |()\ /  ||
   karrde(_at_)gats(_dot_)hampton(_dot_)va(_dot_)us     |
www.gats.hampton.va.us        \ / \ /
webmaster(_at_)gats(_dot_)hampton(_dot_)va(_dot_)us     |
          ^:::^