Re: [Procmail] Re: logfile problems

1997-01-01 20:56:59
Hi mailbox!  I'm a programmer and I want to do dumb things!
Doug,
I've seen this when I have a recipe like this:
              :0:     # the second ':' is wrong.
              * [condition]
              {
              [nested block]
              }
I think the error means you you've designated a lockfile with ":"
after the ":0" on a recipe that leads to something that isn't a file
that can be locked. I've also gotten the same error when using it on a
forarding recipe or piping to some other than '[command] >> file'.

        I did some experimenting based on your suggestion and it seems
that I get that "extraenous locallockfile" error wheneven I designate a
locallockfile and a nested block is called.  Designating a locallockfile
for a set of conditions followed by a mailbox or piped into a command
worked fine.

        My log files are doing much better as a result. ;-)

        Regards,

--
<Doug Muth>--<dmuth+196690101199722495629103694853838(_at_)ot(_dot_)com> - Spam
me and die!