Procmail from the aliases file?

1997-01-05 16:27:27

can't find an answer to this in the docs, so maybe it's not possible, but...

I want to be able to set up some filters called from the aliases file, as in:

fred: "|/ /usr/local/bin/procmail /users/mailbot/procmail.fred"

primarily to save me the hassle of setting up a "user" for every style
of procmail filter I want to create. Unfortunately, this doens't seem
to work cleanly when it comes to things like logging because sendmail
is being paranoid (correctly) about ownership and permissions.

Is there a way to convince procmail to execute out of aliases as a user
(in this case, user mailbot?) cleanly? Is there something I missed?

--
           Chuq Von Rospach (chuq(_at_)solutions(_dot_)apple(_dot_)com)
Software Gnome

 Plaidworks Consulting (chuqui(_at_)plaidworks(_dot_)com)
<http://www.plaidworks.com/>
   (<http://www.plaidworks.com/hockey/> +-+ The home for Hockey on the net)

I got no name or number/ I just hand out the lumber.
But if I get a chance to play/ I'm going to show 'em.
                -- Stick Boy (The Hanson Brothers, SUDDEN DEATH)