Re: HTML to ASCII recipe?

1997-01-13 18:32:01
Someone has recently begun sending me email with text as HTML
(using Mozilla 4.0b1 (Win95; I))

He doesn't seem to be very familar with the application, and I've
never used it.

Does anyone know how to
      1) turn it off
or
      B) check message for HTML and convert them to plain ol ASCII
TIA
TjL

        This is from the latest Netscape beta releases and
        should be fixed soon.  From what I've
        heard they did follow the MIME spec. on this matter --
        but this is an annoying consequence of that part of the
        spec.

        In these cases you'll usually find the text in the
        upper portion of the message -- and the same text,
        repeated with HTML coding following that.

        It should be possible to find the header line that marks
        the start of the HTML stuff -- and blow that away
        with a filtering recipe

                :0 bf
                * #regex_for_html
                | html2txt

        (I think there are html2txt sources floating about
        though I don't have one handy myself).