Re: matching subjects with words in []

1997-01-25 16:09:49
On Sat, 25 Jan 1997, jeffrey covey wrote:
procmail?  the grep manpage led me to believe that if the brackets
were escaped with backslashes, they'd be treated as regular
characters, so i thought \[MAC\] would match [MAC], but that doesn't
see to be the case.

Try:    [[]MAC[]]

I just tried several combinations and the above was the only one that
would work for me. I used it thus:
        * ^Subject:.*[[]MAC[]]

The grep manpage isn't as clear as it could be. It seems to contradict
itself on this. I'm not sure if the "]" also needs to be enclosed in
[], but I think this is safe. Sometimes egrep regex doesn't work the
same in procmail as it does in egrep at the command line. As far as I
can tell, enclosing any _single_ special character in [] will make it
be taken as a literal character.

David
([^A-z]D(.?|av(e|e?y|id)) *(N[.]?|Norvell)? *Hunt[^A-z])    ;-)