Re: matching subjects with words in []

1997-01-27 04:23:54
On Sat, 25 Jan 1997 22:53:14 -0500,
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars(_at_)software3(_dot_)bu(_dot_)edu> wrote:
In the light of recent discussion here...
I thought I'd pass along something I use for testing purposes.  The
following recipe lets me turn verbose debugging on/off easily, and
doesn't fill my standard log file with the verbose output:

Another thing you can use is a simple testing .rc which doesn't define
LOG at all. This will produce log output directly on the screen
instead. I have a small file called .prc which contains whatever
experiments I've been doing lately but more importantly the following
definitions right at the beginning:

DEFAULT=/tmp/prc.out
VERBOSE=yeah

:0
* doo a diddy
/dev/null

 :
# more recipes ...

This allows me to type in a "mail message" from the prompt directly,
like this (I finish the test message with control-D and then the
output from Procmail follows):

 $ procmail .prc