Re: Double messages : (prior : Lost messsages ?)

1997-01-27 01:50:26
On Mon, 27 Jan 1997, mailbox <dnhunt(_at_)rain(_dot_)org> wrote:

On Sun, 26 Jan 1997, Mario Rosario wrote:

[snip]

Also when an internal mail user sends mail to user1(_at_)domain(_dot_)com,
it
loops throught the ISP. Sometimes it takes over an hour to send mail
locally. It works well if the internal mail user send mail using just
"user1".

That sounds like externally addressed mail is being queued, and
internally addressed mail is bypassing the queue. Not much you can do
about that. That's the ISP's configuration.

David

Ofcourse You can fix this!
Local delivery has nothing to do with Your ISP.

If You are using sendmail: (I'm using 8.7.3)

/etc/sendmail.cf:
 ##################
 #   local info   #
 ##################
 Cwlocalhost
 # file containing names of hosts for which we receive email
 Fw/etc/sendmail.cw

and:
 # "Smart" relay host (may be null)
 # Add this to make your ISP handle slow/faulty servers,
 # to reduce your phonebill if using dialup PPP/SLIP
 DSyour.isp.mail.server

and:
 # default delivery mode
 O DeliveryMode=queue