Re: Double messages : (prior : Lost messsages ?)

1997-01-26 21:09:48

I have the exact same setup, and I too get double
mail sometimes. Occasionally triple!

My procmailrc however is:
:0c:
* ^TOuser1(_at_)*domain(_dot_)com
IN.user1
:0c:
* ^TOuser2(_at_)*domain(_dot_)com
IN.user2
:0c:
* ^TOuser3(_at_)*domain(_dot_)com
IN.user3

Also when an internal mail user sends mail to user1(_at_)domain(_dot_)com, it
loops throught the ISP. Sometimes it takes over an hour to send mail
locally. It works well if the internal mail user send mail using just
"user1".

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.
Mario

Hi,

I want to give 'my users' of my Linux-box an Internet valid e-mail address.
Because they only want a e-mail address I don't want to spend money to a extra
PPP-account/user with my ISP and my ISP isn't very Linux minded.

1) Via www.pobox.com I can create aliases let say user1(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com,
   user2(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com, ...
2) They redirect all the aliases to my PPP-account (e.g.
account(_at_)ISP(_dot_)com)
3) At my linux box I must split all the messages again to the different users.
   user1(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com goes in IN.user1
   user2(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com         IN.user2
   For the moment I'm testing the output in files.
   To create a file like I'll get later with POBOX, I sent a message to a few
   users and concatinated the mail-files (/var/spool/mail)

The problem is the following :
If someone send a message to user1(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com and
user2(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com
e.g. All the users for whom it concern gets the messages X number of times.
     X = number of users for whom it concern. Here 2 times.

The following files are kept in the account who can read e-mail from the
internet :

~/.procmail/rc.testing :
------------------------
:0c:
* ^TOuser1*
IN.user1
:0c:
* ^TO.*user2*
IN.user2
:0c:
* ^TO.*user3*
IN.user3
:0
* ^TO (user1|user2|user3)
/dev/null

~/.forward :
------------
"|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/local/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75 #user0"

~/.procmailrc :
VERBOSE=off
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail
PMDIR=$HOME/.procmail