Using the -a value in recipies

1997-01-27 16:19:55
Hello,

    I've spent the better part of an hour trying various combinations to get
this to work, and not one of them has been successful.  :(  Any assistance
that someone could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Here's the sendmail rule:

Mlocal,         P=/usr/bin/procmail, F=lsDFMAw5:/|@qSPfhn9, S=10/30, R=20/40,
                T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
                A=procmail -Y -a $h -d $u

And something of a sendmail customization:

# not local -- try virtual hosts table
R$* <@ $+ > $*          $: < $2 > $1 < @ $2 > $3        extract host name
R< $+ . > $*            $: < $1 > $2                    strip trailing dot
R< $* . $- . $- > $*    < $2 . $3> $4                   strip it down to domain
only
R< $+ > $*              $: < $(virtdomain $1 $) > $2    lookup domain name
R< error : $- $+ > $*   $#error $@ $1 $: $2             fail ungratiously
R< $- > $+ < @ $* > $*  $#local $@ $2(_at_)$3 $: $1          return user and
dest
R< $+ > $*              $: $2                           clean it up

The gist of this is that I have a table that looks like this:

domain.tld <tab> localuser

The desire is to take all mail coming in to @*.domain.tld or @domain.tld and
redirect it thru procmail to the localuser's .procmailrc.  The user should
then be able to take the "recipient" address (passed in with -a) and filter
or redirect the message as desired.

The problem is, I've tried all sorts of things but I can't get the -a argument
to expand, either by doing $@ or by putting "RECIP=$h" in the command line.

   Mike was here...