Re: Using the -a value in recipies

1997-01-27 17:19:39
Mike McLagan <mmclagan(_at_)invlogic(_dot_)com> writes:
   I've spent the better part of an hour trying various combinations to get
this to work, and not one of them has been successful.  :(  Any assistance
that someone could provide would be greatly appreciated!
<sendmail.cf code deleted>
The problem is, I've tried all sorts of things but I can't get the -a argument
to expand, either by doing $@ or by putting "RECIP=$h" in the command line.

To quote the procmail(1) manpage:

     -a argument
          This will set $1 to be equal to argument.   It  can  be
          used  to pass meta information along to procmail.  This
          is typically done by passing along the $(_at_)x  information
          from the sendmail mailer rule.

Thus:

RECIP = $1

should do it.  As for $@, to quote the procmailrc(5) manpage's BUGS
section:

                               ...  When the -a or -m options are
     used, "$@" will expand to respectively the  specified  argu-
     ment (list); but only when passed as in the argument list to
     a program.

How are you using $(_at_)?  Are you quoting it?

Philip Guenther