Procmail FAQ (announcing)

1997-01-29 02:33:50
On Wed, 29 Jan 1997 09:45:16 +0200 (EET), I wrote on Procmail-L:
This is another one for the FAQ.

Speaking of which.

I have written up a smallish attempt at a FAQ at

    http://www.iki.fi/~era/procmail/mini-faq.html

which I hereby request your valued opinions on.
  I kept it fairly short, on purpose; there's a lot of stuff that
+could+ be in there but I'd rather focus on keeping it down to what
absolutely +should+ be.
  Additional pointers to more material, especially various tutorials,
would be most valued.
  I have requested feedback from the people mentioned in the FAQ but
few have had the time to respond. Please try to read it with their
eyes, too. I know some parts are unnecessarily harsh, because I'm
rather being obnoxious than boring :-)

I wrote it with the idea that it could be posted to the list more or
less regularly. That's one of the reasons why it's short. It could
contain lots more links to in-depth discussions of this and that,
provided that somebody is prepared to write them up. I've stashed away
some pearls from the list for this purpose, but I haven't gotten
around to doing anything about them just yet. Tips and pointers are
most welcome. Volunteers ditto ditto, only more so.

If you want to bookmark or reference the page, please use the above
URL. It's not what you'll see in Netscape's Location window etc, but
that is subject to change, whereas the above URL is not.

/* era */

PS. After long moments of anguish, I decided I should not mention
names of helpful people on the list. I can think of people I should
most definitely have in there, but there will no doubt be a lot of
folks I'd forget to remember. I hope I'm not upsetting anyone by
leaving it for yourselves to figure out who you are.

--
See <http://www.ling.helsinki.fi/~reriksso/> for mantra, disclaimer, etc.
* If you enjoy getting spam, I'd appreciate it if you'd register yourself