Striping First Word from Subject Line(Again)

1997-01-28 21:18:03

I am having a terrible time getting this to work.  I am trying to strip
the first word off the Subject line of messages that I receive from a
mailing list.

The Subject line in my mailing list messages allways looks like:

[JEEP-L:341278] Sample Text Subject Line

I would like to strip out everything starting withthe first bracket and
ending with the second.

The current recipe that I have is:

 :0
 * ^Subject: *JEEP-L\>.*\/.*
 | formail -I"Subject: $MATCH"

 INBOX.JEEP-L

All it does is strip off the first of the tok untill the colon.  For the
example above it would return ":341278] Sample Text Subject..." for the
subject of the message.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, How do I get it to correctly get the message to go into the
INBOX.JEEP-L mailbox?  (Currently it doesnt do that either)

Ryan Bradford Neily                                   Phone: 912-764-5522
Georgia Southern University                        Data/Fax: 912-764-????
Internet E-mail: rbn(_at_)gsu(_dot_)cs(_dot_)gasou(_dot_)edu
Member Team Os/2!
=-> Visit the GSU Computer Science Home Page: http://www.cs.gasou.edu! <-=