Re: formail error

1997-01-30 14:47:19
bts8(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com writes:
The following line:
| formail -A "X-Loop: bts8 at... where are we again?"

is causing this error:
Usage: formail [+nn] [-nn] [-bfrktnedq] [-m nn] [-xaiI field] [-s prog
arg ...]
procmail: Program failure (64) of " formail -A "X-Loop: bts8 at... where
are we again?""
procmail: Rescue of unfiltered data succeeded

What did I miss on this?  Could formail be old?  How do I find out
which version I have?  I tried "formail -v" but no luck.  Thanks!

It's old alright.  I think it's older than 3.00, as the HISTORY file
mentions the "-X field" argument in that entry, and the Usage line you
show doesn't include it.  You should definately upgrade it, and your
procmail too if it dates back that far as well.

Philip Guenther