Help!

1997-02-03 21:55:05

Hi:

I'm pretty new to this list, so please be nice to me!  While trying to
find out more about procmail, I intended to type "man procmail" but typed
"procmail" instead.  The prompt returned a blank line, I was a little
confused, hit the return a few more times, and nothing happened.  So, the
normal escape sequence in my shell is ^D.  I did that, and procmail
returned "enforcing stricter permissions on "x", where I believe "x" was
/var/mail/$LOGNAME.  Or it might have been /usr/mail/$LOGNAME.  For some
reason, I then realized that I had been in procmail instead of reading the
manual page!  (oops!)  I then called up the manual page for procmail, read
the above diagnostic, but then could not scroll back to read exactly what
directory it had named earlier.

My question is this.  Have I changed anything?  Did I screw anything up?
My mail has been delivering successfully, and the instructions in my
.forward file are being executed right (just simple forwarding to this box
and another; obviously no procmail instructions were in there).  Nothing
has changed in my home directory and things seem normal.  I logged off and
tried the same again ( ^D in procmail ), but did not get the same
"enforcing stricter permissions" response.  Instead it did nothing.

Could someone write back (in private if you want) and let me know if all
is well?  Thanks in advance for the help!!!

robert          depaul university
joseph          chicago  illinois
wilshe          u       s       a

email   rwilshe(_at_)shrike(_dot_)depaul(_dot_)edu