Re: locking problems.

1997-02-05 12:50:33
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars(_at_)bu(_dot_)edu> writes:
procmail 3.1?!?!  Wow that's old: upgrade to 3.11pre4, as found at

That's not old; that's the current release version.  It works fine; I
should know, I'm using it.

3.1 or 3.10?  There's a dig difference there.  Release numbers aren't
decimals:  3.10 is later than 3.9.  Stephen said at one point that he
was going to mark 3.11pre4 as the "current release" to be prefered over
3.10 due to the bugs in 3.10, but it looks like he hasn't updated the
link at the ftp site.

I also know that when I moved some SmartList mailing lists to the
procmail/smartlist 3.11pre4 packages, everything broke.  I'm waiting for
the next prerelease before trying again.

I believe Alan Stebbens has a patch for smartlist 3.11pre4 that fixes
some problems that people have had.  I'd check his procmail webpage (I
don't have the URL on-hand) to see if that does it.

Philip Guenther