Re: locking problems.

1997-02-05 15:04:38
HI,

On Wed, 5 Feb 1997, Lars Kellogg-Stedman wrote:
procmail 3.1?!?!  Wow that's old: upgrade to 3.11pre4, as found at

That's not old; that's the current release version.  It works fine; I
should know, I'm using it.

I know what you mean, I chose it first becuase it was the "release"
version. But, it was difficult to compile on BSDI (lotsa little hacks
required), and it dumped core. A lot.

I also know that when I moved some SmartList mailing lists to the
procmail/smartlist 3.11pre4 packages, everything broke.  I'm waiting for
the next prerelease before trying again.

Ah, that's the usual upgrade Catch-22. Existing app compatibility
versus bug fixes and enhancements.

Ken.
Mail: kmarsh(_at_)charm(_dot_)net             | Edit a binary .INI file, then
tell
WWW:  http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh | me that UNIX is too complicated.