Re: 'To: me' stripped from header.

1997-02-06 10:27:24

On Wed, 5 Feb 1997, Mark Bergan wrote:

Our organization has 25 aliases going in to one mailbox on our ISP.
I use popclient->formail->procmail to deliver to the appropriate user
mailbox.  Everything works fine except my Procmail mailing list, which
is the only mailing list I subscribe to.  >
At what point does the "To: me(_at_)myorg(_dot_)com" get striped.  All my
other messages have the "To: me(_at_)myorg(_dot_)com" that i use for filtering?

It did not get stripped.  It was never in the message to begin with.
To prove it, send a message bcc: to yourself and bcc: to one other user
on your domain.  Do not use the To: or CC: headers, only Bcc:, and be
sure to put more than one address on the line.

I'd like to be able to have any of my users subscribe to mailing-lists
w/o me having to create a seperate rule for all their lists.

Your ISP will have to make a significant change in the way they
deliver mail to your subdomain.  However, it is not clear what
that change should be.  We have yet to see an 100% solution
to this problem.  We WOULD like to see one though.  The ideal fix
probably will involve qmail, as opposed to sendmail.

This is not a Procmail question, though.

It is a Mail Transport Agent (e.g., sendmail, qmail) question.

Unless you are the system administrator of your ISP, or you
have much influence on the system administrator, you are out
of luck.

--
g-r-a-t-e-f-u-l-l-y---[   email:<fishbowl(_at_)conservatory(_dot_)com>
]---l-i-v-i-n-g