Re: 'To: me' stripped from header.

1997-02-06 02:17:02
On Wednesday 5 February 97, at 15 h 43, the keyboard of Mark Bergan
<mbergan(_at_)nowfbs(_dot_)com> wrote:

Our organization has 25 aliases going in to one mailbox on our ISP.  I use po
pclient->formail->procmail to deliver to the appropriate user mailbox.
Everyth
ing works fine except my Procmail mailing list, which is the only mailing
list

I will never repeat it often enough: this is the WRONG way to manage your
own mail domain. This CANNOT work. This is used only by lazy and
incompetent Internet access providers.

The problem of mailing lists is a typical example of the reasons why this
is BAD.

The proper ways to manage a mail domain are UUCP (IMHO, the best one) or
some form of batched SMTP (qmail's serialmail or sendmail with ETRN
and/or specific queues or other hacks).

At what point does the "To: me(_at_)myorg(_dot_)com" get striped.  All my
other messages
 have the "To: me(_at_)myorg(_dot_)com" that i use for filtering?

You mix up envelopes and headers. There was never a "To:
me(_at_)myorg(_dot_)com" in
the headers. The information was in the envelope, which you never see
(neither procmail does, this is why this is a wrong method).

I'd like to be able to have any of my users subscribe to mailing-lists w/o me
 having to create a seperate rule for all their lists.

Ask your provider about UUCP or other proper mail handling. Or change it.