Is the use of EXITCODE in procmail recipe totally functional?

1997-02-20 19:44:04
Hello, everyone.

Well...  I have read all of the appropriate man pages about procmail,
and I have even searched through the procmail list archives for
answers/solutions to my problem.  In other words, I have "RTFM" :)...

Despite all of this effort, it seems that I have not been able to
create a procmail recipe (in .procmailrc) that will bounce messages
sent from certain perpetrators, with an error message, as per an
exitcode setting, e.g. 67 or 77.

I got some clues from some recent postings to this list, regarding the
.forward file (and its syntax).  Currently, my .forward file says:

"|IFS=' ' ;exec /usr/local/bin/procmail #debraw"

Previously, my .forward file read like this:

"|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/local/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75 #debraw"

The procmail recipe that I am testing, for this purpose, is:

:0
* ^From.*juno.com
{
   EXITCODE=67

   :0
   /dev/null
}

I do not want to permanently "deep-six" email from Juno.  I have a Juno
account, along with this one.  All I want to do is see if the recipe
works completely, i.e. assigning exitcode, sending a bounce-type
message (according to exitcode value) to Juno, and directing any email from
Juno to /dev/null.

I tested this setup several times yesterday, and earlier today, by
sending test messages from my Juno account to my WWA address.  During
the last attempts, my log file said (in these excerpts):

procmail: Match on "^From.*juno.com"
procmail: Assigning "EXITCODE=67"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/dev/null"
procmail: Opening "/dev/null"