forwarding mail/leading white space/using formail

1997-02-21 10:40:18
I need to forward mail of a certain kind to xxx(_dot_)yyy(_at_)zzz(_dot_)
The kind can be picked out by using regular expressions.

The problem I have is that I run a majordomo list and want other
people to approve certain types of items by running the majordomo perl
script "approve" on the letter. I'm not sure what this perl script looks
at, whether it looks at the header or only at the body of the message.
Does anyone know?

So here's the procmail question:
how do I get procmail to send the letter on so
that it appears to come from the same sender as sent it to me?

Secondly, suppose I just wanted to forward the body of the message,
but I was happy to let my own headers go forward, what would I do
then?

I have a subsidiary question, less important. procmail ignores leading
space in a regular expression. What do I do if I want to INSIST that
leading white space should match?

A second subsidiary question: I tried using formail to extract the
names and email addresses from a large mail folder (senders of
messages only). But I could only get it to extract the name of the
sender of the first message. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
David Epstein