Re: What is the "/no/such/dir" error message mean???

1997-03-05 11:49:38
On Wed, 5 Mar 1997, Philip Guenther wrote:

[snip]
For some reason I can't seem to find it in the documentation anywhere,
but when you use the -m flag with procmail, DEFAULT and ORGMAIL will
both be unset.  Therefore, if you fall off the bottom of the rc file,
the message will bounce unless you set DELIVERED to true.

The real question is, do you always want to deliver the message to
mcscmail, or only when it wasn't delivered elsewhere?  If the former,
then just stick DELIVERED=true into your rcfile, probably right after
the recipe that delivers to mcscmail (good locality of mental
reference).  If the latter, then move the recipe to the end of the rc
file and remove the 'c' flag from it.  (Acually, you could even remove
it totally and just set DEFAULT to point to it.)

You know, this is first time I've ever seen a real use for the
DELIVERED variable.  Wow.

Philip Guenther

OK.  By setting the DELIVERED variable to true, I'm able to stop my
original mail from being bounced.  However, although my mail folder gets
updated correctly with the full message, the procmail log shows that the
assigned folder is **Lost**.  Why's that?

Also, do you have any comments on the way we've configured this setup?
Specifically, do you think there is a better way to achieve what I'm
trying to do?

Thanks in advance.

jte