RE: Unidentified subject!

1997-04-16 08:23:00

----------
From:  revjack(_at_)Radix(_dot_)Net

What is the message separator in a standard unix mail folder? All I
see between messages in folders is a blank line, and I don't know of
any way to look for control characters. How does Pine, for example,
know where one message ends and the next one begins? I'll need to know
this if I am going to use a custom script to deliver mail to a folder.

AFAIK, "standard" Unix mail folders (aka MBOX or Berkeley Mail folders)
are simply a file
containing the concatenation all the messages in the "folder."  The
standard separator is
a "From " line (NOT a "From:" line).

HTH

Simeon