Re: Mail folder format(s)

1997-04-17 06:43:00
On Thu, 17 Apr 1997 12:21:49 +0100,
"J. Daniel Smith" <DanS(_at_)bristol(_dot_)com> wrote:
the "standard" UNIX "solution"is for the MTA (usually sendmail) to
change 'From ' to '>From ' in message bodies.

Procmail is doing this automagically if it encounters a bare From_ in
the body of a message. (This is why you can't feed it an entire mbox
in one fell swoop, you have to split it with formail -s first.)

Personally, I'd prefer to use MIME quoted-printable encoding which
does the same type of thing ('=46rom') but also lets you display the