Is this a procmail-3.11pre6 security problem?

1997-04-16 10:39:00

   Hello,

        I've just added procmaili-3.11pre6 on a Solaris 2.5 system
   with sendmail-8.8.2. I've noticed when procmail creates a new file
   (i.e. IN.testing) the newly created file has permissions 600 and
   has the proper user but NOT the proper group. The new file's group
   number and user number are the same number.
        Does this mean procmail is running with the wrong effective GID,
   or am missing something?
        Because of this problem, I've installed procmail-3.11pre4
   which doesn't have this problem and which seems to run fine.

__Jim O'Dell