Re: 'Valid Shells for mailing to programs'

1997-04-16 14:02:00

Excerpts from mail: (16-Apr-97) 'Valid Shells for mailing to programs' by
Matthew Wilds Mauzy
The machine that is reporting the problem is a Solaris 2.5 machine. I can
succesfully recieve mail on the DECs. I know its possible to restrict
mailer shells, but I haven't done any of that on this machine. Any ideas?

What is your shell on this Solaris 2.5 machine? Is that shell listed in that
machine's /etc/shells file? In my experience, that error message is caused by
one's shell not being listed in /etc/shells.

Myt shell is tcsh (but I've also tried it with my shell set the csh).
I had to add the tcsh shell to my /etc/shells file, but it should work
now that its been added, right?  :-)

Thanks for the variable info.  I had used the SYSTEM_MBOX varible, but
had the wrong $<var> to go with it.

--Matthew "Still stuck with the shell problem" Mauzy
                         Matthew W. Mauzy
                  Assistant Systems Administrator
                     Math Department @ UNC-CH
email : mauzy(_at_)math(_dot_)unc(_dot_)edu             pager :
pager(_at_)math(_dot_)unc(_dot_)edu
 (W) 919.962.9628   http://www.unc.edu/~mmauzy/  (H) 919.968.2516