bogus From's act as new message

1997-04-21 10:17:00

I recently 'upgraded' from Pine 3.91 to 3.96 and noticed the following
annoying problem.  (I also started using procmail/formail at the same
time)

If I were to send myself email with the word "From " in the message text
in column 1, it appears as if I sent two messages according to the
email notification application - xfaces.    Pine does not treat it as a
new message so this is only a slight annoyance.

On a slightly higher annoyance level is when certain emailers forward
a message to me and Pine catches the "From " message header like this:

    From tdrisco1(_at_)baynetworks(_dot_)com Mon Apr 21 10:40:35 1997

And the message is split into two messages.

Is there a procmail/formail recipe that could fix this?   Pine can be
configured to escape the leading From's on mail saved to other folders but
not mail arriving in my INBOX.

I browsed the man pages for formail and procmail and tried a few recipe
suggestions but nothing worked.  I also lurked on comp.mail.pine for
awhile but after the third "i want a mail-bomb program" message from
aol... I decided to try here.

Thanks in advance for any help provided!

--

-tim driscoll
tdriscol(_at_)baynetworks(_dot_)com