Pipeline or !...

1997-04-21 13:35:00
Pardon me for jumping in and asking a real dumb question.  My ISP just
changed the e-mail forwarding for virtual domaines from some internal
system to Procmail.  As part of this he wrote a script which created a
.procmailrc file which purportedly does what the other system did.  I
wanted to make a few changes and looked at the various Procmail references.
 Reviewing his script, I noticed that he was using an ! (exclaimation point
- Shift -1) instead of a | (pipeline - shift \).  To date my changes have
had no effect, at least to my eye, at all.  I have been using a pipe.  Am I
wrong?  Is there a version of promail which uses an ! instead?  Sorry for
the stupid question, I am a bit confused...