Re: more advanced TO processing(!?)

1997-04-22 03:13:00
On Tue, 22 Apr 1997 09:33:44 +0100,
Neil Horlock <neil(_at_)devserver(_dot_)ft(_dot_)com> wrote:
The question is, is this the correct way to deal with mailing list
addressee extraction,

No; if the message is for more than one recipient, you cannot rely on
the "for <nnn(_at_)xxx(_dot_)yyy>" part of the Received: lines. I don't even
think all mailers add this information to the Received lines.

if not what is

Sendmail knows who the message is for.

and finally is the above regexp
sufficient for "all" cases/mailers?

Apparently not.

This is brought up in one form or another at least once a week on this
list so pardon the terse answer. Check the list archives for more
discussion, and/or please be invited to see what my humble attempt at
a FAQ has to offer:

  <http://www.iki.fi/~era/procmail/mini-faq.html#advanced>

(If the URL takes you to the beginning of the page, look for "virtual
domains".)

Hope this helps,

/* era */

--